Friday 9 May 2014

Books lately


I don't think you could find three more different books than my most recent three reads!

Do the birds still sing in hell is the remarkable true story of Horace Greasley who escaped a Polish prisoner of war camp during World War 2 over two hundred times to see his sweetheart.  Very rude and crass in places, so not for the easily offended, but an amazing story of triumph over adversity in the most horrific of times. 

Apple tree yard had me gripped throughout.  I loved the way little seeds of information were planted in every chapter, keeping you guessing throughout.  It wasn't until after I finished the book that I realised I didn't particularly like any of the characters but it didn't really seem to matter! 

Paper towns was my first young adult read in a long time.  It's the first of John Green's books that I have read but it won't be the last.  I have just picked up The fault in our stars to read very soon.  Read this if you want to remember what it's like to be an awkward teenager and I defy you not to fall just a little bit in love with Quentin, Radar and Ben!  

What have you been reading lately?  I always love a recommendation....

No comments:

Post a Comment